Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Worst Day Ever

Today was just awful with bits of good. Well, I woke up with a sore throat (had since Monday) but now my ear was aching too. So I called the Dr and went in to see her. Turns out I have strep. So now that I had strep it was time to call the pedi to have Madison checked for strep as well. We went into the pedi and she looked at her throat, it was red so they did the strep test. She hated it, but was fine with in seconds afterward. We sat on the floor and played until the Dr came in to tell us she was negative. Woohoo!

We went home and started to play. We were having fun. We then went down to take Maggie out and to feed her. Well, Mommy forgot to close the basement door after Maggie came up from eating. Madison had disappeared quickly, so I went to look for her in her favorite place, the kitchen in front of the cookbook shelf. She was not there so I yelled for her and next thing I knew I heard her tumbling down the stairs and crying. I ran down and picked her up. She looked ok, but I was freaking out. First thing I did was call my mom to see if I needed to get her looked at. She told me to call the pedi and find out for sure because you never know. Madison would not let me put her down even after I had her calmed for a while. Well, they said to bring her over to the office because they didn't close until 8 pm. I did just that freaking out the whole time.I had called Dan as I was getting ready to walk out there door, so he knew what was going on. I had given Madison her cup of milk in the truck on our way too. I had to call Roberta to help keep me calm on my way there because I seriously just wanted to cry. I felt awful, like I was a horrible mother. Everyone told me I wasn't and that accidents happen, but I had been so careful to make sure things like this didn't happen, but it did.

We got to the Dr's office (not that same office as we usually go to) and it was our Dr that was there because she is oncall tonight! Sweet! The nurses and Dr were so sweet to reassure me over and over that I was not a bad parent that accidents happen and that Madison was fine. They asked me all sorts of questions to make sure that Madison hadn't lost conciousness or thrown up at all. The Dr checked her out to make sure she had no cuts, and no broken bones. Which she didn't. She had a red mark on the top of  her head, so the Dr said that she would probably have a goose egg and it would look worse in the morning but not to worry, since she hadn't lost conciousness and hadn't thrown up she didn't think she had a concussion, but suggested that I check on her around midnight to make sure she stirred.

Madison left there a happy girl. She loved that office with the fish on the wall, the fish tank and all the neat toys!

We came home and I got her something to eat and we played for a little while. She started getting cranky & tired and just wanted to sit in my lap. Well she kept trying to put her finger in my mouth so I growled at her and pretended to bite her. This got Maggie barking, which turned into Madison growling at Maggie! It was hilarious! I so wish I could have gotten that on camera. Anyway, I promised her that I would get her when I went to bed and she could sleep with mommy tonight. Honestly, I just want her close, because I'm a worry, so I know its early, but off to bed so I can snuggle my baby girl.

1 comment:

  1. Oh you poor thing - I'm sure you're feeling awful. I'm glad Madison is ok and yes, accident's happen. I backed the vaccuum into Brady today not realizing he just came up behind me and felt terrible. Every mom has those moments. Cheer up!

    ReplyDelete