Friday, February 21, 2014

A Journey in Life

February 21, 2003, I started my journey in life. It was as if things were starting to fall into place. You may be asking why I decided this date was the start of my journey. Well, its because its the date that my husband & I started dating. Its really what began this wonderful life we live. If I hadn't started dating him, I wouldn't be where I am because I wouldn't have married him or had Madison or Paityn. I probably wouldn't have moved out of my parents when I did without him. I wouldn't have gotten my dogs either.  You get the point.

It was with him that this journey began. It took a long time for us to get here, but the truth is, is that I enjoyed the almost 5 years of dating before he proposed. I loved the little over a year it took for us to plan a wedding. I loved & enjoyed our wedding! We had fun. We lived together for a while. We lived a part a lot (he traveled for work from the day we started dating until 2 1/2 years after we got married). The time apart sucked, but didn't suck at the same time. I could travel with him & I did after I lost my job & moved to Iowa. I traveled back to IL when he went at least once a month (we even took the dogs). We benefited by using his frequent flier miles for flying to Daytona for the 500. Once we had Madison though, things changed. It was harder to travel with him, but we did it. It was harder when he was gone & then it was harder when he was home. Madison & I had a routine & him being home kinda screwed it up so it was hard, but we worked with it. When she was 15 months he got a job that kept him home every night! He was missing so much of her growing up. That was quite the adjustment to have him home all the time. Once we got adjusted, we put the house up for sale & started building the new house. Talk about being in flux. Then just as we got a buyer for our townhouse we found out we were going to be blessed with another. We moved into the new house & it was chaos until we got unpacked & settled though some days I still feel like we aren't fully settled. Paityn made us adjust our life again once she got here. I still feel like I struggle with finding time for both girls & then time for myself.

Now I am trying to figure out what's next. We are done with babies (something my heart still hasn't fully cooped with). We are on to the phase where we just help our children grow & learn & be awesome individuals instead of growing our family. Though I guess I could grow it with another dog, but Dan won't let me & honestly, we are pretty busy with the 2 dogs & 2 kids & the house & yard to add another dog anyway.

These past 11 years have been quite the journey. The most wonderful one that I could have asked for because I have had a great partner to share it with. I know I waited to find the right guy & took my time with him to make sure. Now we are moving to our next phase in life & I look forward to it & every other phase as long as I have him by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment