Thursday, October 7, 2010

Funny how fast things change

So a year ago, the news of my being pregnant was just starting to sink in and today I was awoken by the sounds of my little girl cooing away in her crib. Our 2nd bedroom was a guest room a year ago, and now the 2nd bedroom is Madison's room and the guest bed is in the loft. A year ago, I had 2 dogs and a husband, now I have a husband, 2 dogs and an almost 4 month old baby!

I know this change took a year, but the truth is it feels like it happened over night. My mom keeps saying "just wait, you'll blink your eye and she'll be 16. Then you'll blink again and she'll be getting married. One more blink and she'll be having kids of her own." I hope this isn't true. I want to enjoy as much of this time as possible! Maybe it will be different because I'm staying home with her and my mom had to work. I can pray that it slows down, but the truth is it feels like I just brought her home yesterday and today she's sitting with support, sleeping at night and getting ready to start foods.

How does this happen? Why does the time have to go so fast?! I thought high school and college went by fast, but it seems like time is going even faster now that I have my little girl!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's a matter of perspective because you are seeing everything new through her eyes, it's new and exciting.

    I am so happy for you with your little girl, she is amazing and I can't wait to see what a great woman she will be because of you being her mother.

    ReplyDelete