Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Thinking about the day that changed my life.

It was Oct 6, 2009 somewhere around 3pm that my life changed for the better. I had been sick with flu like symptoms for a week. The morning of Oct 6th I called the doctor's office to get in to see them. They had an appt for 2:55pm (I still have it written down). Since I am a woman of child bearing age, they had me do the peeing in a cup thing. Now, my husband and I had just started to not prevent anything from happening, so I thought nothing of it. Well, within minutes the doctor walked in and said "well, we know why you are so nauseous and tired." I said, "You haven't even given me an exam." My wonderful doctor replied, "I don't need to because you are PREGNANT!" I was so shocked and happy. I hadn't expected this to happen so soon. It was the best news I could have gotten that day or any day! It was the best day of my life at that point. Even better than my wedding day (which had only been just over 3 months earlier). I loved my daughter (though I wouldn't have any idea that she would be a girl for months) from that very moment. I never imagined that, that love would grow exponentially as she grew.

No comments:

Post a Comment