Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Trip!

Wow! Its been a while since I posted. Time is flying by so fast. Well, Dan went fishing for the week, so I loaded up the baby and both dogs to head to my mom's for the week. Everyone behaved on the way in at least. It has definitely not been a smooth ride since we arrived though.

Come to find out pretty quickly that my Bailey (15 month old Yellow Lab) is skiddish! He's perfectly fine at home, but here he's afraid of everything. He's afraid for the grill (at home he sniffs and licks up all the grease around the grill!) He's afraid of the umbrella (a table umbrella). He's afraid of the ceiling fan (he's fine with that one at home), He's afraid of the basement (both dogs are crated in the basement at home at night). He's afraid of my mom walking/running on the treadmill (I do the samething at home and he's fine with it). I just don't get it. Where did this come from?

Madison has not been sleeping well. We started her on cereal the day we got here, so I don't know if its the cereal or if she just isn't use to her Memaw's house. It could even be her cold. Yes, my baby has her first baby cold. Every night seems to get better, but she's been waking up like 5 or 6 times a night. All I have to do is get up and rub her belly and talk to her, to let her know I'm there and she quiets down and falls back asleep.

If I knew for sure it was just her surroundings, I might have already packed us all up and gone home because I need some sleep! On the plus side, I have help every night, so even if I deal with a crabby baby and obnixious dogs I get a break when everyone gets home from work. 

1 comment:

  1. Poor little Madison! I hope her cold goes away soon, I can't imagine how awful it must be to be going through all that and not know what the heck is going on.

    I hope your trip was fun!!

    ReplyDelete