Tuesday, February 21, 2012

9 Years Ago, Already?!

It has been almost 10 years ago (at the end of April) that I met my wonderful husband. Almost 10 years ago, someone tried to set us up and I said no because he wasn't my type! We did, however, become really good friends. He threw mints at me over a cubicle wall. He took me out to lunch to celebrate a promotion. He was the one I talked to about a lot of things. Things that if I had known then what I do now, I probably wouldn't have told him because I never thought in a gazillion years that we would date let alone marry!

Then 9 years and 2 days ago, we decided to hang out after work for the first time. I had to postpone due to some ex issues (yes things I talked to him about that I wish I hadn't if I had known the future). Then I had to postpone due to work the next night. He decided to stay Friday night, so we went out (9 years ago to the date).

This was not suppose to be a date, just 2 friends hanging out, though I guess it turned into a date. We saw the movie Catch Me If You Can & then we went to play pool. I had a little too much to drink and we ended up going back to his hotel & talking into the late night/early morning. He was the perfect gentleman. It wasn't until I was leaving to head home that he kissed me. I was shocked and a little confused because he wasn't going to be back for 3 weeks. He was a nice guy, but I had never thought we would date because honestly, he lived in Iowa and traveled the country for work. I had been burned before by a long distance boyfriend. I just wasn't sure I wanted to take that chance again.

 As we all know, I did take that chance. I never regretted it, not even when he was gone for a month or more at a time. My husband from day 1 has always treated me like I was a princess. He's always given me the best of him. Its not that we don't have our tiffs because we do. We almost split a few times before we even got engaged, but we always pushed through and talked things out. Our love for each other has helped us over come a lot.

My husband has given me more than I could have ever imagined in my life. He helped me get out of debt before we married. He got me 2 wonderful dogs. He supported me when I was out of work. He gave me a beautiful engagement ring. He gave me, my beautiful wedding of my dreams. He gave me the honeymoon of my dreams too! He made my dream of motherhood come true. He supports our family while I get to stay home with our daughter! He is letting me design & pick out everything for our dream home (within reason & budget of course). He supports me in every adventure, idea & what not that I can dream up. He was there with arms wide open when I got the news of grandpa having cancer. He was there to support me through the struggles I had with breast feeding. He was the first to suggest I go see a lactation consultant. He is the one supporting me now with my healthier me campaign. He's the one that gets me up in the morning to workout & the one to gently remind me that I want to be healthy when at that moment I want a sweet that I shouldn't have. He's the one that suggested I check out the gym and see about a nutritionist if thats what I want to do. He's the one thats willing to pay for a personal trainer so that I will go workout at the gym. Its all of this and so very much more that I love my husband.

So 9 years ago, I got lucky to have snagged the greatest guy ever! So even though our wedding anniversary is still a month away, this day 9 years ago is one of the best days of my life, because it was the day we got together. Its a day I will never forget!


1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it has been 9 years all ready!! I remember when you started dating him...man, we were so young then!

    ReplyDelete