Thursday, February 9, 2012

Shocking - Stunned - Scared

I went for a physical this morning. Totally routine. Yes, I am overweight. Yes, I need to eat better. Yes I have a thyroid problem. These are things I knew. These are things I went to go into talk to my Dr. about & get a recommendation for a nutritionist.

I was stunned when the Dr called me this evening with blood test results this evening. I wasn't expecting it to be tonight. I was scared when I answered the phone because why would they call so quickly? Well, I got my answer. The liver function test came back with issues. Apparently, my liver isn't functioning properly. If you know me, you know I don't drink often, even less now that I have Madison, so why is it not functioning properly. I don't know. I won't have answers for a while.

I was told that I need to stay away from alcohol, tylenol & all NSAIDs for 6 weeks and then we re-test. If at that point its still not functioning properly, we start digging deeper as to what is causing it.

I'm shocked, stunned & honestly, scared! So very scared.

Right now I could use a little good to happen. I just feel like its one thing after another right now. I'm just going to go cry for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment