Monday, October 11, 2010

Its just not fair!

I don't understand the world sometimes. I have a friend who has been TTC for almost a year now. She and her husband are one of the most loving, caring & devouted couples that I know. I don't know anyone that deserves to have a child more than them. Yet, here they are having a hard time. Then there are other people in the world who are having kids that don't take care of them because they are too busy being drug addicts, alcoholics, or just plain selfish people. These are the people who if they just get looked at a certain way end up with a new baby on the way. Its just not right or fair! It really kills me to know how unfair life truly is. I cross my fingers and toes and everything else I possibly can each month in hopes that it helps my friend. I think good thoughts and yes I pray for her. Now, if she were reading this she would know how much I wanted her to get what she has always wanted because she knows I do not pray often. 

I know that she is happy for me and she was there for me when I was pregnant. I always felt bad about leaning on her because she was having a rough go of it, but I know that if I didn't lean on her, she would have killed me for that! Ok, maybe not killed. Its her ability to help others when she is having a rough time, that seals it for me in my mind that she will be a great mother, plus the long journey they are having to get there, will make her enjoy it all the more. The day she finds out she is pregnant will be a day full of such joy and a bottle of champagne will be popped in my house to toast to the end of her journey to getting pregnant and her journey into motherhood beginning. I am positive this day will come for her.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you honey so much more than I can ever put into words to you. This journey is so difficult and I do wish it was over all ready, but I would never want you think that I wouldn't be there to support you throughout your own journey. I am not there yet, but I live through my friends and their families until I am able to have my own.

    I know that at some point, it will happen for us - it may not be through natural manner, it may be through adoption or foster care but we will be parents.

    Thank you for supporting us as we go through this all, I know every month that goes by you get nearly as nervous as we do to find out if we were successful or not. That means so much to us (me in particular) because it's so incredibly difficult to deal with and knowing that we have friends who are supportive of us no matter what happens.

    ReplyDelete