Saturday, October 9, 2010

Doctor's appt

Yesterday we took Madison for her 4 month check-up. We got to see how well our little one is growing. She is up to 13 lbs 8 1/2 oz and 25 inches tall! Woohoo! She got her 4 month shots too. 4 total shots - 1 oral and 3 needle sticks. She did good with the oral vaccine. I wanted to give Madison a "snack" bottle during her needle sticks, however, the nurse did not give me a chance to even though I told her thats what I wanted to do. She just went quick and when I said something to her I got a "well, it won't matter until you pick her up," from her. I just really wanted to smack her. It took me about 15 mins to calm Madison down enough to even accept the bottle. She ate about an ounce and then seemed pretty happy. Dan took her to put her pants back on her while I cleaned up our stuff.

She ended up with a fever last night. It was a 100.6 degrees for axillary. My poor baby. I gave her a second dose of tylenol (she received the first around 2pm when she started being fussy because her legs were hurting). I can't even tell you how many times I checked on her last night because of the fever. She was also up and down so many times. I just wanted to take her pain for her. She woke up this morning a happy little baby with no fever.

No comments:

Post a Comment