Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Putting some things in perspective

Do I complain about things? yes, I do. I believe everyone does. I complain that my husband is gone so much. I complain that he doesn't spend the time with myself or Madison. I complain that I don't get to see or talk to my friends and family much. Yes, I made the decision to leave my hometown and state, but I still get to complain! I complain that my baby girl doesn't sleep well, is crabby or whatever else at the moment.

All these things are no big deal compared to what another June 2010 mommy and her family are going through. My heart breaks for her. I cannot imagine what she is feeling at this moment. Her poor little girl (about 8 months old) has been having seizures and meds just aren't working anymore. She is going to be having major brain surgery in a week. I ask of you all to pray for this baby and her family. If you'd like to read more about her story or offer your good thoughts & prayers, you may do so here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kinleywilliamson


Life is so unpredictable. I've been trying to not complain as much and to treasure all the moments with my baby girl (good or bad, cranky or happy, in the middle of the night or during the day).

1 comment:

  1. At the same time, you are entitled to feel badly about the circumstances that are in front of you at the moment. I know that things you are going through may seem like nothing compared to what this other family is going through and I know they appreciate the thoughts/support.

    I just want you to remember to take your time for yourself when you can because you are important to people too...like me.

    ReplyDelete