Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Blizzard and more!

I spent the end of January and beginning of February visiting my parents. Oh my! They were so excited to see us. Madison slept well on Friday night - in my mom's closet! HEHEHE That still cracks me up. Mom gave me the break I needed to get some sleep. She kept Madison in her room until Sunday. Thank you!

Sunday all the warnings went out for the blizzard and by Monday Madison was showing signs of being sick with diaheria and the no sleeping we debated on coming home or staying with Dan. It was a hard call, but was finally made on Monday morning that we would stay because I wouldn't have time to get home and grocery shop especially with a sick baby before the blizzard would hit. We joined Dan at the hotel Monday afternoon. Tuesday as everyone was preping for the blizzard to hit we were debating on whether Madison and I should go back to my mom's or stay at the hotel with Dan. I was concerned if power went out it would be too cold at the hotel for Madison, so I spoke with some of the workers at the hotel to learn that if the power goes out the hospital gets a circuit and then the hotels get a circuit because of the children that could be there. They all reassured me that we would be well taken care of with blankets and heat and what not. Their maintence/engineer manager even offered to go pick up supplies for us (Dan frequents this hotel when working). It was very sweet of them. So I opted to stay with my husband. The hotel brought in dinner for all the guest on Tuesday night as well as Wednesday night. It was great service all the way around. The hotel workers stayed there too and worked all day long it seemed like.

As Tuesday wore on, I noticed Madison was getting a slight bit dehydrated and she just wasn't eating or drinking to what she normally does, so I had to call the pedi and got the ok to give her pedialyte, but was told that if she didn't start showing signs of hydration again (pee pee diapers) then we needed to take her to urgent care. Dan went to pick up the pedialyte and a few other things for us after work before the worst of the blizzard hit. Little Miss Madison seemed to have loved the pedialyte. I only gave her 3 oz to begin with and she had a fit when it was gone, so we gave her another 5 oz. About an hour and a half later she drank a full 8 oz bottle of formula  Well we did another pedialyte bottle and another formula bottle before she went to bed and she was giving us pee pee diapers already. Woohoo!

Wednesday morning I knew I didn't have to worry about her being dehydrated anymore because Dan went to change her diaper and she peed all over and not just a little. We stuck with just formula though to make sure that she would drink enough and I gave her 1  pedialyte bottle just to be on the safe side. Dan got to hang out with us all day because they closed down his company for the day plus they were giving tickets to anyone they found out on the roads that was not plowing, an emergency worker or anything like that. Though Dan did go out to find us some lunch.

Thursday we were suppose to drive back home, but the roads still weren't totally cleared so we ended up staying another night. By Thursday night the roads were cleared enough that I knew we could leave in the morning. Mom and Dad came by the hotel to see Madison and us one more time before we left. It was nice to see them.

My little girl still hasn't been sleeping well at all, but we are getting there. Now that we are home she has been doing better. At least staying in her crib to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment