Friday, May 31, 2013

My Imperfect Looking Perfect House

If you come over to my house, you know what you will see?? A mess! You will see toys strewn across the living room, dust on a lot of surfaces, baby blankets, burp clothes & other baby needs laying about. You may even see a pile of dishes in my sink. Baby clothes that have been washed maybe laying on the guest bed. The bag I used to pack to go to my parents still laying on the floor in my room with a few items in it. I may have dirty floors or counters that need to be wiped. Hell, my bathrooms may even need a good scrubbing.

So I ask you if you come over to look closer. Look at what I am creating, not at the mess. I'm creating memories with my girls. From reading books & doing puzzles with Madison to snuggling on the couch with Paityn trying to get her to smile or coo at me. My house is full of toddler talk, screams & laughter, along with baby coos, cries & smiles.  These are the things that matter to me. I get to watch them grow & learn 24/7 now and that is what I want to focus on. I want my girls to remember what we did together & the time we spent together, not "wow, Mom had a really clean house while we were growing up!"

Yes, you would think that being a stay at home mom would give me lots of time to get things cleaned & picked up, but children don't wait to grow up. Therefore, something has to wait & that ends up being the dust on my furniture, the dirt on my floors, the dishes in my sink or those pesky bathrooms, but I in no way have a filthy house either. That in part is thanks to a husband who steps up & cleans or takes over on the memory making for me to get things done.

You see as my house my not look perfect because of the mess, it is perfect because of the memories I made & am making with my girls. Its their laughter & smiles & yes even their cries that make it so perfect. These times are too precious, plus when they go off to school I'll have a lot of time to clean while I miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment