Tuesday, May 14, 2013

12 Beautiful, Wonderful Days

12 Days. 12 Beautiful, wonderful days. That is how long my youngest child has been in this world. That's how long my oldest has been a big sister, 12 days!

I was worried about how things would go with delivery. I worried about how Madison would be with a baby around. I was worried that my love would be divided & not multiplied when this beautiful little girl entered the world. The truth is, is that the worry was for nothing. Delivery, though it had some scary moments as you can read in my birth story, was fantastic. I felt almost normal just a few hours after.

Madison when she came into my room that afternoon, looked a little worried & then a split second later a smile spread across her face & she jumped up on my bed & asked to hold her baby sister.She gave her hugs & kisses. She has been mommy's little helper since the minute we got home. She has gotten diapers, wipes, blankets, pacifiers & anything else I have asked her to get or she thinks baby sister needs.

Oh & the love! The love has multiplied by a million. I am so deeply in love with both of my girls! To see them together makes my heart swell. I hope they are always like this.The love hasn't just multiplied for my girls.

Its multiplied for my husband. I always knew he was a great man, but to see him taking care of our girls, of me & the house on top of going to work makes me love this man even more. He may not be the guy to give out compliments or say "thank you" for the things I do around the house, but he shows his love in the way he provides for us & takes care of us. He has sacrificed his turkey hunting to be here with us this year. That is love! It makes me melt to think he would give up something he loves to take care of us.

It makes me wish we could do it all again.

No comments:

Post a Comment