Thursday, June 16, 2011

1 Year Old

I cannot believe my little baby is 1 year old. Today is the day! It was 2 am June 16th when my water broke and I had to make the call to my husband and mother. Running around spending my 45 mins at home by myself taking the dogs out and finishing packing my bag for the hospital. I think I went through 3 pairs of sweat pants before I left for the hospital.

We were there a long time before Madison decided to make her arrival into this world. I cannot tell you how close I was to losing my baby girl when she was born because I'm not sure. She was not moving much at all while I was in labor. They started me on pitocin within an hour or so of getting to the hospital because my contractions weren't very good. I, honestly didn't start progressing until I got pain killers about 14 hours after my water broke. At this time I was waiting for my epidural because my second shot of nubain didn't do me a damn bit of good.

They were making me wear an oxygen mask because Madison wasn't moving much. It was making me sick and all they would tell me was that I would get use to it. It wasn't until Madison made her grand entrance that they figured out why she wasn't moving. As soon as her head was out I was yelled at not just told to stop pushing, which I stopped, but Madison just popped out. I was yelled at because Madison's cord was wrapped around her neck two times, but they didn't want to freak me out so no one said anything to me until she was in my arms. I'm so glad that they didn't tell me before then.

I believe it all lined up just right to keep my baby girl with me. 

I don't have any stats on her as we don't go back to the pediatrician until next week Friday, but she is talking up a storm, mostly made up words but we do hear the following

Utoh!
Hi
Here
That
Mama
Dada
Baba
Cat (don't know why, we have dogs!)

She can stand by herself but she freaks out when she does it. She pulls up on everything and can sit back down, she walks around holding on to furniture. She is still a good sleeper for bedtime and naps! *crosses fingers this never changes* She never did crawl but scoots on her butt everywhere!

Happy 1st Birthday my little Madison! I love you more than anything in the world and wouldn't trade you for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment