Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Tribute to A Great Friend

First & foremost I would like to say a Happy Birthday to one of my best friends, Christine. Today is her 32 birthday. I've known her for about 1/2 her life now minus a couple of years of strain on our friendship, but without the test of time how do you know that you have such a real friendship??

This wonderful 32 yr old woman has been through so much & has done everything in her power to stay positive, it may not have always worked but she tried none the less. I admire her for this & for the fact that she is a high school teacher, but not just any teacher a special education teacher. She has such patience, even when she doesn't think she does.

She helped me through some bad times & I tried to help her (I think I succeeded at times). You know there could be a lot of blackmail here if we ever really weren't friends.

The strength this woman has is just unbelievable. I am awed at how she has been able to move forward with all that has happened this year. I wonder if I had been in her shoes if I could do the same. I would like to think so, but the truth is I don't really think I could have.

Truth is, this woman, this friend of mine is a wonderful, patient, smart, beautiful, caring and often stubborn, but she is a good, true friend & I'm happy to call her a friend of mine. She is honestly, more like a sister. I am honored that she is part of my life.



Happy 32nd Birthday, Sweetheart! Thank you for my being in my life & being that positive influence when I needed it & for being ready for those sinful nights out all those years ago to help heal broken hearts & hurt. May this day bring true all the dreams you have.

Love you,

Sandi

PS We need more pictures together because these ones are all I could find on my laptop & they are over 3 years old!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing friend as well.

    We have been through more than many friends, not only has it been rough at times but those are the times that make friendships stronger. I know that I would not have survived many aspects of the craziness without you there to help me through it with laughter and chaos.

    It's been a great journey so far and I strongly believe that the best is yet to come. It may not be as crazy as it was when we were 20, but it will have it's own brand of the fun we used to have. At least we know for sure that our kids will grow up as friends because no matter what happens, we will always be friends.

    Thank you for this beautiful tribute, it has made my day!

    ReplyDelete