Friday, July 19, 2013

Struggles

When I had Madison over 3 years ago, I struggled. It was a struggle to get things done like making dinner or cleaning the house. I was lucky to get a shower or get myself dressed by noon. It was tough being a first time mom. I'll never forget it. I struggled with breastfeeding on top of it all. I honestly don't know how I managed to make it through because we also had 2 dogs & 1 of them was a puppy.

This time around I not only have a baby, but I have a 3 year old, 2 dogs (thankfully no puppy this time) & to top it all off we have a house (not a townhouse where all the yard work is taken care off) that is double the size & a decent size yard with a huge garden. This time I'm not struggling with breastfeeding. I'm not struggling to make dinner or clean the house. I am getting dressed by 9 am. The showering usually has to wait until the hubby is home or until right before bed (when the girls are both asleep). The only thing I seem to be struggling with is being able to do the things I love to do like read a good book or watch a movie.

I am also struggling with letting Paityn have a bottle. I'm afraid by doing so it will begin the demise of our breastfeeding journey. Yet, I want to have a drink & be able to leave her for a few hours to run errands or get my hair done or just go out to dinner with my husband sans kids. I'm struggling with turning Madison's car seat around. I know its time, but I just can't bring myself to do it just yet.

What's a mom to do? If its not one thing its another you struggle with. Isn't it funny how different things are when you have that second child???!

No comments:

Post a Comment