Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Thinking

As Christmas Day closes in, I am beginning to think more & more about the past. Mostly, in the forefront of my mind are the Christmas pasts with my grandpa. I wish as an adult I had taken a little more time to be with him Christmas morning to watch the parade on tv. I wish I had taken Madison to watch with Grampy. I know I cannot change the past, but at least I can now alter my future to make sure I do things that may not seem important to me, but may be important to someone else.

This is why I have agreed to go stay at my in-laws tomorrow night. I love them & love visiting them. I just didn't want to be there when someone else was staying with them. Its a little snug with more people, but I have figured out this is not important. Whats important is that my in-laws get a Christmas morning with Madison & the rest of us.

I have also been thinking about how blessed I am. I am blessed to have this new beautiful home that we built, a loving, caring husband, a gorgeous, smart daughter, a new healthy baby on the way, 2 awesome dogs & all the wonderful extended family & friends. I really could not ask for more in my life.

I can honestly say I have everything I ever wanted & have nothing I would ask Santa for that he could bring me at least. The only thing I would ask Santa for is more time. More time with Madison being little, more time with my husband curled up together, more time that I can spend with my parents, grandma, & the rest of my family & with my husband's family & our friends.

Knowing that I can't get what I want from Santa, I will ask Santa to bring all of you everything you want & could possibly ask for. I hope that you are as blessed as I am. So what would you ask Santa for?

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment