Tuesday, December 18, 2012

In the wake of the CT tragedy...

There isn't much I can say about the tragedy in CT. All I can do is pray for those families who lost their little ones & for those families who lost loved ones because they stood & defended other little ones. Its a horrible situation. One I hope never happens again, but in this day & age can we really believe that it won't? Especially, after so many other massacres at other places like the Colorado Theater.

How are we now suppose to feel comfortable allowing our children to go back to school, day care or honestly, any where else, but in our arms. I know I held my daughter tighter & even to this day I hold her tighter & longer. I kiss her more than I probably need too & more than a 2 1/2 year old even wants.

Being pregnant during this tragedy, makes things a little harder. How am I going to bring a child into a world that seems so filled with evil?  There is no turning back now, but how do I feel comfortable with this? How do I know my children will be safe out there?

I guess it boils down to faith. I have to have faith that it will all be ok & my children will be safe. Otherwise my only option is to shield them from everything, but if I do that, how will they learn to take care of themselves?

My other option is to arm myself. I do not want a debate about this, but I believe in the 2nd amendment. If some bad person is going to be armed I feel the need to protect myself & my family. You bet that I am going to start taking gun safety classes & possibly even get myself a conceal carry permit. I have some research on laws & what not to do first.


No comments:

Post a Comment