Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Sleep

Sleep has been a hard thing to get around here. Little Miss Madison has been waking up crying multiple times a night. The only thing that had been stopping it was me picking her up, but as soon as you put her back down she starts screaming again. So after doing that 3 or 4 times, I'd just pick her up and bring her to bed with me. Most nights I would lay there with her and let her sleep there until she fell hard asleep, then move her back to her crib where she would sleep for at least 3 hours at a time. This started almost 2 months ago. Before that she was sleeping through the night, though some nights she might wake up once, but all you had to do was turn on her music. So I decided yesterday that we were going to start her napping in her crib and using the CIO method because I can't keep this up.

Nap #1 in her crib she cried for 15 mins before falling asleep. Now I would walk in and rub her back after 5 mins of crying. I want her to know that I'm still there and will be there when she needs me. She slept for an hour and a half.

Nap #2 in her crib. No crying right off the bat. After 40 mins of sleeping she woke up crying and I walked in patted her back for a few seconds and then walked out. She napped for another 50 mins!

Nap #3 in her crib. No crying at all. She slept for about 30 mins and then it was time to get up to eat.

Overnight - I put her down in her crib at 8:45, no problems. She slept until 10 when we started the crying game. I walked in patted her back for a few seconds walked out. This went on every 5 mins for 45 mins. After that she slept until 6 am! At this time she cried for a second and then fell back asleep, waking at 7:30 this morning! I call this success! Yes, because it would have gone on all night until I pulled her into bed with me and I didn't have to do that this time!

Today so far she is on Nap #2 in her crib. This morning, there was no crying until she woke up after a hour and a half. Nap #2 is going very well. Seems like it will mimic this mornings nap! Now, I'm hoping tonight is better than last night.

I'm so proud of myself for sticking with it and proud of my baby girl for doing better!

No comments:

Post a Comment