Saturday, November 27, 2010

This past week.

Boy, this past week has been a whirlwind of craziness. I was unable to blog due to computer issues. I felt so out of touch that it wasn't even funny.

Monday - We arrived in the North Suburbs of IL in the early afternoon. It was in the 60's and stormy. A few tornados touched down in IL & WI. One of which, touched down basically across the street from a friend's house. We had to cancel our plans for the next day due to this because of the damage and she had no electricity. It was scary.

Tuesday - Madison and I had lunch with my mom. It was nice to spend some time with her. That night after Dan and my parents got off work. My parents picked up Madison, so she could spend the night with them. Yes, thats right it was my first baby free night since I got pregnant! It was truely hard to let her go. I took her out to the car and buckled her in. Then walked back into our room, where I was promptly greeted by both the dogs, who were fighting to lay on top of me. Maggie ended up winning. ShIt e cuddled with me for quite a while. Then Dan and I went to go see Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part 1 on the IMAX. When the movie was over I called my mom to check on Madison. It was the only call I made that night. She was already asleep and doing fine.

Wednesday - Mom brought Madison back to me and we loaded up the truck and took our stuff and the dogs over to my parents. We basically hung out there until it was time to go pick up Dan from work. After that we went up to see my friend, Roberta and her family. It was nice being able to have time with them. They love my baby girl so much and us of course and we love them!

Thursday - Thanksgiving Day! Madison watched her first Thanksgiving Day parade. We headed over to my Aunt & Uncle's for dinner. It was a great time. As we gathered around the table to eat, I realized how truely rich and blessed I am. We are not rich in the sense that we have money, but in the sense that we have such wonderful people in our lives.  Our families, our friends and lets not forget about our pets. I am thankful for everyone in my life. I would not be who I was if it were not for all of them. It is these wonderful people that makes my life a happy one. After dinner, we all had gathered in the living room and Madison was laughing at my Uncle's dog barking! It was so funny. She had everyone amused.

Friday - We got up and drove home. Oh, what a long drive it was. We got home, unloaded, and pretty much headed over to Dan's sister's house for Thanksgiving with his family. We had a blast with them. Its always fun. At the end of the night, I basically shoved the baby at his oldest nephew and he had no choice put to hold her. Yep, I'm evil, but now, he realizes its not a horrible or scary thing to hold a baby. Tons of pictures where taken! Too bad Dan had taken my camera to the car already!

No comments:

Post a Comment