Monday, January 10, 2011

Finally!

With all the stressing that has become my life since well, getting pregnant, I have finally started working out again. I'm doing it mostly to de-stress, but also to get in better shape and hell, if I lose a little weight in the process awesome.

My stress isn't anything more than the everyday stuff of is Madison eating enough? getting enough sleep? Do I sit and play with her enough? Should she play by herself more? Is she hitting all her milestones? Is Dan being gone so much effecting her? Not to mention that even though I'm married I'm a single mom Monday thru Friday, its tough on me, its tough on Dan for being gone. Lets not forget about the financial stresses since the economy still sucks. The do I need to go get a job? What will having both of us working do to Madison? Where can I cut spending so that we can survive without me getting a job if necessary? Will we ever be solid enough to build our house? And the worries go on, but you get the point. That 25 minutes I spent on the treadmill took all that stress building up away. I feel 100 times better and its only day 1 of working out.

The getting into shape. Lets face it I really need to do that. Madison is going to be mobile any time now. If I don't start getting into to shape I'm going to be trying to catch my breath while chasing her around as a toddler. Not too mention if we are going to have a second child I may end up chasing 2 at the same time. I'd like to start getting into shape now so that if/when we end up pregnant it won't be a big deal for me to continue with working out.

Yes, I need to lose weight. I lost my baby weight within about 2 months of having Madison, but I have more weight to lose. My goal is not to lose weight though because I know it will just get me down to go week to week without losing and then I'll stop, but I don't want to stop, so I'm not making it a goal for working out. I'd love to lose while I'm at it, so I'll just keep my fingers crossed that it happens. I have a thyroid issue so its really hard for me to lose weight.

So here is my little plan to being with. I'm sure I'll add more as I go. I want to at least get 30 minutes on the treadmill every other day (if Madison allows I will do more) and on the days I am not on the treadmill I want to get at least 30 minutes on my balance ball. If I keep this up for at least 1 month I will look into either adding a new piece of equipment to my house or looking into a gym.

Cross your fingers, send words of encouragement. I really want to do this!

1 comment:

  1. I am in the same boat as you with wanting to get back into some kind of shape. I know you can do it! :-) I have faith in you.

    ReplyDelete