Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Bad News, Became Worse

Well, I blogged about a week or more ago about Grandpa having pancreatic & liver cancer. Well, it just got worse. He had a PET scan last week and they found a tumor on his spine. There was also a shadow on the brain, so he went for an MRI. The MRI confirmed a tumor in his brain. Chemo last week also wiped him out. So he is starting Radiation treatments instead. I'm not sure when, but I am assuming he will start them Monday as he is suppose to go 5 times a week for 4 weeks.

My heart is broken when I received this news yesterday. I have the urge to leave today and drive to spend time with him. I don't normally pray, but yesterday seemed like the time to do it. So I prayed for him. I prayed that no matter what he would not suffer. I prayed that my family would find peace with all that is happening. I stretched a little bit and prayed that I get to spend at least one more day with him too.

I have many wonderful memories of my grandpa, but I would give just about anything to spend one more day with him. Honestly, if I could, I would take him out fishing one more time.

I am still having a hard time wrapping my mind around all of this.

If you read this, I ask that you please pray for him and for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment