Monday, January 23, 2012

Excitement is building

Or should it be building is exciting?! Either way I am excited about our future!

So after our meeting with the builder on Thursday night, I had been given some tasks to complete! The tasks sounded fun but daunting at the same time. The first task, I tackled was to pick out appliances. I was not sure what I wanted. Gas or Electric? Double oven or Stove unit? Well, lucky where our builder sent me, they knew a lot about it. I told him what we were looking for and he guided me right to it. I explained my unsureness about gas & electric and he willing showed me both and explained each one and their features. He showed me a microwave that can double as a convection oven, so I can have added room to bake! Cheaper than a double oven but more expensive than just a microwave! He made it so easy to pick. He also helped me pick a dishwasher plus a washer and dryer!

Next task was flooring! Me oh my! The options there are. The store I was sent to for flooring was great too. He showed me option all within our allowance for it. All great options & I picked out all the tile with no problem what so ever. We are wavering back and forth on our carpeting though. I brought samples of carpet & the tile I picked out so Dan can see them and we can see them side by side. I have to take them back later this week and tell him what we have decided. I think we have a plan of how to do the carpet, its just going to add a little extra.

My next task is to look at siding colors & stone for our exterior! We took a little drive around to see if we could find any that we liked. We did! I have pictures of them too! I hope we can do what we want without adding costs!

Now we just need to wait until they have the plans finalized and the pricing a little more firm.

We have made quite the dent in stuff to get the townhouse ready for sale. We have quite a bit to go still though.

No comments:

Post a Comment