Monday, April 23, 2012

Great Loss

Today is a day of great loss for my family. Today we said good bye to my grandfather. I sat at his bedside & held his hand as he took his last breathe. My mother & I tried to comfort him as he struggled to breathe. We sat there while the nurse checked for a pulse & when she told us he was gone. With our whole family surrounding him, we cried together & said good bye to him. It wasn't just his passing though, it was a life which, we just started learning about. He never talked about his past, until recently, so we are now losing out on really knowing him.

It was a day of great loss, but also of great relief. He has been in such pain for a little while due to the cancer, that it was a relief when he finally passed today because he isn't suffering any longer.

I know when people say "he's in a better place" that they are speaking the truth, however, it is annoying & irritates me at the same time. I don't know how to explain it but it does.

Rest in Peace Gramps!  Give Nanny a big ol' hug from me. Make sure you find the good places to go fishing! I love you & Miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment