Sunday, April 1, 2012

Drained

This has been one rough week. I'm emotionally, physically & mentally  exhausted. I spent 4 days either at the hospital or nursing home with my Grandpa.

While he was in the hospital they had him in isolation & we had to gown & glove up. It was a little weird. I found out things were worse than what I was told before I got there. I was given the full story after I got to the hospital on Tuesday. Things are literally day to day, but he is doing better now. We had him transferred to a nursing home Thursday. He is being well taken care of now & I know he is in good hands.

Friday, I went up by myself with Madison & took care of some things for grandpa to make sure he was feeling better about where he was. Its a little saddening that he will never get to go home again except for a visit if he feels up to it. While there he had some major pain so we got them to call the doctor in to up his pain medicine. The Dr said that he would make Gramps comfortable & give him medicine whenever he wanted.

I was banned from going this weekend by my mom because I needed a break & Gramps wants to know that our lives are stopping for him. I went & watched my friend's son play in Beauty & the Beast Jr at his school. It was a good time. Mom took Madison today so I could go to lunch with another friend & do some shopping.

I feel really good about Gramps, so I'm packing up in the morning and heading home, of course with a stop to see Gramps before continuing on home. I have a few things that need to take care of there & then I'll probably head back in a week or so. We need to get the lot sold to our builder so we can break ground.

Tomorrow is not something I am looking forward to. Its going to be really hard to say goodbye to him when its time to leave. Only, because I'm not sure when I'll be back or if he will still be here when I am back. I need to make sure I get in a few extra hugs! I'm hoping I can get all the way home before the crush of tears hit me because I honestly do not want to have to pull over to pull myself together.

No comments:

Post a Comment