Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Finding Blessings When Life Gets A Little Rough

Yes, even a midst all this horrible stuff my family is going through I can see the blessings. My Grandpa may be dying, but I am blessed to have had all the time I did with him & just to have him. I was blessed to have been fishing with him & camping with him & to have sat in his lap as a child and watched the train go around the Christmas tree.

I am blessed to have my wonderful husband too. My husband gave up a nice relaxing weekend to make that trip to see my Grandpa for Easter! He held my hand as I broke down in the truck on the drive home and I thought there is no one I would rather have next to me through this whole mess. If I want him with me through this mess I want him with me through every mess (trust me, I usually shut out everyone when things go bad). This man of mine told me that he doesn't care about going Turkey hunting if it meant I could go be with my family. Now to most that means nothing, but to a hunter's wife it means everything. If a hunter will give up a season of hunting for the someone else, then that is love, but not just any love. Its undying, eternal love & it means the world! Another wonderful blessing that has been shown to me in the middle of sadness.

My baby girl is a blessing in so many ways, but lately she had been what has been holding me together & keeping me from falling apart. If I didn't have her around, I'd probably spend every day in bed & not get out of it during this time, but she gets me up & makes me play & is just silly at exactly the times I need it. She will never know how much she has done for me during this time. I know a big job for someone who isn't even 2 yet, but she is so great at it.

My wonderfully large family! How could anyone not love them?! They are awesome. Even in this difficult time for all us they can still get together to laugh, joke & celebrate. They are the greatest. I can count on them for a good time any time.

My friends. How could I not love them like family? I don't know because many of them have prayed for my Grandpa & my family during this time. Many have called or text me to check in on me during this time as well. Some have even been able to distract me from what is going on with long phone conversations & even some visits.

There is one more blessing that I feel is coming out of this mess. Its relationships that are being repaired after so many years of hostility due to a mistake. I'm not going to say too much more, because I don't want to jinx it, but it seems as though this is happening within my large family & I hope it continues.

May you find blessings in your life when times are tough & you need them, just as I have found the blessings in mine when I needed them most.

No comments:

Post a Comment