Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Weekend

What a crazy weekend it was!

Dan had off work on Friday so we tried to take the wee one fishing. She just loved reeling in the bobber! There were no fish to be caught though. It was fine because she had fun. The check engine light went on in my truck on the way home, so I called to get it in on Saturday morning all the while wondering if our weekend was going to be shot because of this.

Saturday, I sat at the dealership for about 3 hours while they figured out what was wrong with my truck & fixed it. A spark plug & an ignition coil! That was it. I raced home, we fed the wee one & packed all of us up including the dogs. We went to spend the night at Dan's parents & go to his aunt's surprise party that night. It was a blast to see his family. So many of his cousin's were in town too! We closed the bar down after his wonderful parents took Madison home & put her to bed.

We got up Sunday morning, had breakfast & then took off to drop the dogs at home. Once the dog's were nestled snuggly in their crates in the basement we hopped in the truck & drove out to Belvidere, IL to have Easter with my family & celebrate Grandpa's birthday. I could tell since the last time I saw him he had deteriorated. He was in so much pain but tried so hard to stay with us for those couple of hours. It broke my heart to see him like that, but it brought him joy to see everyone together. When they took him up to bed, I waited a bit & then went up to say goodbye to him. He told me that he was worried about us, so I had to do the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I told him that he didn't need to worry about all of us. That we would take care of each other & we would all be fine. I told him it was okay for him to go if he was ready. He just looked at me and told me he loved me. I gave him a hug & kiss & told him that I loved him too.

No comments:

Post a Comment