Wednesday, March 16, 2011

9 months and counting!

As my sweet little girl rests her sleepy head in her crib tonight, I am thinking back to the day of her birth. I don't know if its just the fact that she is 9 months old today, or maybe I long for the days of her being so tiny. How crazy that day was. I always knew deep down that I was going to be going in to the hospital in the middle of the night. She didn't disappoint has I had to call my husband at 2 am to tell him my water broke and have him and my mom drive 3 1/2 hours here so early only to have to wait until late that night to have her come into the world.

Yep, she has always done everything in her own time. Roll over, sure, but then I won't do it but a handful of times until I'm 8 months old. Teeth? Sure I'll get 2 at a time then wait 3 months to get 2 more! Crawl? No thanks, I can scoot around on my butt! Sleep?! Only when I want to and not when you want or need me to! 

She is definitely my daughter. She is already showing a wonderful personality and oh boy is it a big one! As we learned at her 9 month pictures about a week and a half ago. She's starting to show her independence when she plays and doesn't want anyone near her or her toys, though she can share if she is feeling in the mood to let you play.

She is smart. I bought her a little baby rocking chair. I sat her in it and the first thing she did was rock the chair! I never showed her thats what the chair does. She loves to stand. You can hold your hands out and she will grab them and pull herself to a stand. She's even pulled herself up using the coffee table. She would rather stand there for hours than sit and play with her toys...unless Maggie is right there because she loves Maggie!

I'm in awe at how much a 9 month old baby knows and does! Its crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment