Friday, March 9, 2012

Its all real!

We are about to go sign some contracts. We have to sign the sales contract selling our lot to our builder & the sales contract saying we plan on buying the house the builder is building for us. Oh my! This is really happening! In a few short weeks there will be a hole in the ground on our land! I'm so nervous now!

I know there are a lot of exclamation points, but trust me if I were to put as many exclamation points to really show how I feel about this there would be about a million!

We have made a lot of selections so far. We have a price, hence the sales contract. The price may change due to us making some changes as we go, but we should not stray far from it unless it doesn't appraise for the price, which could happen because we have added geothermal into it & appraisers don't put a lot of value to it because of rebates (which you don't get right away). If that happens we will discuss whether or not we need to take the geothermal out or if we are willing to pay out of pocket for the geothermal (leaning towards no there). There are still some selections to make & I'm sure I will have a list of these things come to me soon enough. So here is what we picked out so far:


  1. Flooring
  2. Cabinets
  3. Granite for the kitchen (picked color but still need to pick slab)
  4. Counter top for the laundry room
  5. Bathroom Sinks/Countertops
  6. Interior Doors
  7. Trim
  8. Appliances
  9. Door Knobs
  10. Color of Siding
  11. Color of windows & soffits

Things I know we still need to do
  1. Pick Granite Slab
  2. Lighting
  3. Kitchen Sink
  4. Faucets (kitchen & bathrooms)
  5. Exterior Doors
  6. Windows (style)
  7. Stone for the front of the house

I'm not sure what else there is for us to do, but I'm sure there is a ton more!

No comments:

Post a Comment