Wednesday, March 21, 2012

3 years down & a lifetime to go

On this date 3 years ago, I married my wonderful husband. It was one of the best days of my life. I never once had cold feet beforehand. I never questioned my decision to marry the man because I've always known that he was the one for me. He loves and supports me like no one else ever has. He may not be the most romantic guy, but he takes care of me & our family. He works hard to support us & I don't just mean going to work and making the money. He comes home & takes care of the dogs every night & helps with Madison so I can get some time to cook or do things I want to do. He gets up early to take care of the dogs before he goes to work.  He makes sure I get up to work out (thought this week he's let me sleep since I've been sick). He helps with the chores around the house. 


These things are great, but the really great stuff about him is he's made some of my dreams come true. He gave me the best husband that day 3 years ago. He gave me the dream of our daughter & of being a family (we aren't done with this yet!). He gave me my dream wedding & honeymoon. He's giving me my dream house since we are building it. He's given me my dream life! I can't believe how lucky I got with him. 


Truth is when I found him, I found my dreams. Even if he hadn't given me all these wonderful things, my life would still be a dream as long as I had him! Today & everyday, I thank God for my husband.  As the song from our first dance says "Forever is as Far as I'll Go!"








"Forever Is As Far As I'll Go"

I'll admit I could feel it
The first time that we touched
And the look in your eyes
Said you felt as much

But I'm not a man
Who falls too easily
It's best that you know
Where you stand with me

Chorus:
I will give you my heart
Faithful and true
And all the love it can hold
That's all I can do
'Cause I've thought about
How long I'll love you
And it's only fair that you know
Forever's as far as I'll go

When there's age around my eyes
And gray in your hair
And it only takes a touch
To recall the love we've shared

I won't take for granted
You'll know my love is true
'Cause each night in your arms
I'll whisper to you



No comments:

Post a Comment